WILL YOU TAKE A STAND?
Do any of these apply to you?
- I want to check items off the UNC Bucket List
- I love to meet new people and make new friends
- I want to make a difference during my time at UNC
- I enjoy watching performances by UNC's best campus groups
- I love to spend time with kids
- I don't want to miss a unique college experience
If you agreed with any of the above statements, you might be just the person we're looking for.
Ready to sign up to dance at the 2014 marathon? Click here!
So, what does it mean to dance? Here's what you need to know...
UNC Dance Marathon: We fund what medical insurance cannot for patients and their families at N.C. Children's Hospital. We believe that our community can make a difference by helping remove the burdens associated with hospitalization, such as travel expenses, food and electricity for medical equipment. By removing these burdens and providing the funding for research and additional pediatric programs we can all help provide the fullest possible care to children. Learn more about the 13 specific programs UNC-DM funds here.
The Event: The 2014 marathon will begin on March 21 at 7:30 pm and end 24 hours later on March 22. The marathon takes place on campus in Fetzer gym and any UNC student can sign up as a dancer. So now that the details are out of the way, what actually happens? The marathon is 24 hours filled with not only dancing but also:
- Performances - bands, a capella groups, dance groups and more
- Games - cheer pong, basketball, guitar hero, four square - just to name a few
- Food - lots of catered, delicious food!
- Activities - sunrise at Kenan Stadium, lunch on Hooker fields and making cards for kids
- You are pledging to stand for 24 hours at the marathon - we stand for 24 hours to show our support for the patients and families of N.C. Children's Hospital. This represents the 24 hours patients and families fight every day to get better.
- You are committing to raise $150 by March 21. Click here for fundraising ideas. $150 can pay for:
- a family's electricity bill for one month
- 150 slices of pizza to feed families on Thursday night Pizza Dinners
- phone cards for 30 families to make calls from the hospital.
- You are signing up to make an emotional and financial difference in the lives of the patients and families at N.C. Children's Hospital.
Remember, the deadline to sign up to dance is NOV. 8 at 8 PM! Visit us in the Pit Nov. 4-8 or sign up online.