There are many ways you can get involved with UNC Dance Marathon as a community member! We have many annual events specifically for the community (on our Calendar page), but if you are interested in a bigger involvement with our cause, keep reading to see how the Outreach Committee can help you get started!
The Outreach Committee of UNC Dance Marathon interacts with community organizations of all types. In the past this has included schools around North Carolina, faith-based organizations and other valuable community partners.
Who can participate?
EVERYONE! We look forward to working with students, teachers, organizations and clubs of any type, youth groups, Sunday School classes, dance groups, athletic teams, community centers, and any other group you may be involved in! We want to help you to help the kids!
So why should you be involved with the UNC Dance Marathon?
UNC Dance Marathon is well-established, trustworthy and successful. Being engaged in the community and working towards a goal can provide valuable learning experience for people of all ages. We will be with you through every step of the way in your involvement with UNC Dance Marathon; in other words, we don't expect you to do this alone. Using the talents and resources of your group and our wonderful community, we can work together to raise money and support for the kids in a way that will be both fun and effective for all involved.
- Start a UNC Dance Marathon club
- Put a collection can in the main office of your school or workplace
- Put on a mini-Marathon - a miniature version of our 24-hour event
- Host a choir concert with donations going toward UNC-DM
- Pajama/ Hat/ Dress Down Day - pay $1 to be allowed to wear pajamas, etc. to class
- Have a school dance with proceeds going toward UNC-DM
- Hold a letter-writing campaign to raise money
- Promote us on your website or social media page
- Hold a 5K walk/run
- Parents Night Out - babysitting night in exchange for a suggested donation
- Take up a special collection after a school event
- Hold a car wash
- Have a chess/Scrabble/Twister/Trivial Pursuit/any game tournament
- Hold a talent show/karaoke contest/dance competition
- Have your class make cards for patients at N.C. Children's Hospital
- Put an informational message about UNC-DM in the school newsletter or paper
- Use your imagination!
As you can see from the list above, the possibilities truly are endless. We aim to make it as easy as possible for you to be involved with UNC Dance Marathon. Our committee will be happy to brainstorm, collaborate and assist with any project you decide would be appropriate for your organization. Please let us know how we can help you help UNC Dance Marathon and the families and patients of N.C. Children's Hospital.
For more information, please contact Community Outreach Chair Meagan Barger at email@example.com.
For more information on how to become a sponsor of the marathon, please visit the Corporations page.